Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day Three with a Smile


Spent my third morning at Avodat Lev with ADAMAH, followed by breakfast. Smiles all around. And oatmeal. Now I have to remember to bring another Dobie over for dishes; the previous one has been downgraded to a floor sponge.

Lynn offered a class this morning on nonviolence, "Kabbalah of the Margins," and a preview on Lamentations in preparation for Tisha b'Av, a day of fasting and mourning, which is early next week.

I spent far too many hours yesterday and today trying to update the firmware of Shir-Ya'akov's printer and failed to connect to it by FTP, per HP's instructions, by all possible methods. Then, I ended up turning to the simplest of instructions to do a direct file copy to the printer using shared network printing in Windows. I set up printer sharing and opened a DOS command window, entered the command, and it said it copied the one file. Without any feedback from the system, I soon discovered that the printer was busy updating itself with the file I offered. Who knew?!

Tonight, after a brief learning with Ellen Bernstein and checking out the awesome art show opening of the last two weeks of seniors' art projects, I headed to Beit Adamah to help prep ginger for tomorrow night's Japanese Shabbat meal. I'll be back after work tomorrow afternoon to help cook more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home