Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dirty Tennis vs. Clean Fuel


Work today was a lot of shoveling, raking, and sweeping. The subject: dirt. Topsoil, really. We were spreading it on the edge of the newly paved road atop which the sod guy will soon spray grass seed. Yes, I've gotten really good at shoveling over the months, as you may recall, but it got old today and quite tiring. Adam and I quit around 4:15, having gotten to a reasonable stopping point.

On my way home, I was approaching Seth (who's in silence this week) and he was expressing interest in playing tennis soon. At 5, we played tennis silently for over an hour until dinner. I found myself uncontrollably groaning a few times when I missed a shot, but mostly I kept the peace. Seth was amazing at sticking to the silent, contemplative, meditative game. We scored by hand with our fingers as much as we could keep track of the score and had a great time overall.

This evening, Shamu gave his seasonal talk about biodiesel to ADAMAH and invited Neshamah as well. Ruhi and I showed. I've heard it before, but it evolves each season; this year, Shamu and Jamie have a new car. They replaced their old VW that broke down one too many times with a 2002 VW wagon whose previous owner had converted it to run on grease. Being a newer vehicle upgraded with a better kit, the veggie oil monitoring system, fuel switch, and general internal setup are much cleaner and sexier. As per usual, I offered relevant feedback a few times during the discussion, including notes about electric vehicles and cellulosic ethanol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home