Friday, January 06, 2006

New Friendship

So, I have a new best friend this week. Tanya I discovered on craigslist searching for friendship among "silly, geeky people" in the D.C. area. In reality, Tanya is an underage graduate student (after a somewhat gifted upbringing) at Georgetown University and with no doubt in my judgment so far a future Tevanik. Actually, she met Noam Dolgin on a bus a few years ago on her way home from a summer theatre gig and they chatted about Teva training her to work at a camp in New England the following summer—one at which her blue hair of the time wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, time will come eventually for Tanya to make her way up to Teva. Maybe she'll get to work there fall 2007, after she's done with school. She's pretty excited about that. In the meantime, though, she's home in New Jersey after a vacation in southern California this past week, and will be making her way back to D.C. this weekend.

We're really excited to meet each other in person, after become just about instant friends, care of our Teva connections. Sounds like I'll be ice creaming with her shortly after she arrives and settles a home for a bit. And, assuming I can get the rest of the local Teva contingent together, we'll all be headed to the Air & Space Museum to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in IMAX! We'll either dine together downtown or come back to my house for a yummy home cooked meal. Looks like a fun weekend to me!

Last night, Larry and I spent an hour cleaning out the fridge and freezer. What a major job that was!, and so satisfying after we were done, because there's now extra room on the door and on the main shelves for lots of stuff, where old, outdated, and moldy items were for too long. And I had an opportunity to offer some new organization of the remaining items, as I'm trying to do with the rest of the kitchen as well, so we can find things always and cook in convenience.

UPDATE: Laura's planning to be glued to a computer screen this weekend (do you know how many times I've contemplated the challenge in doing so), preparing an application for the Dorot fellowship, that she might spend a year in Israel starting in June. We'll see if she's actually up for the movie Sunday or not until next weekend. If not, I'll postpone it a week, and Tanya and I will probably spend the evening together anyway. Fun times comin'!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home